NFTA: Token Transit System Update
As of April 1, 2019, you can pay your NFTA Metro bus or rail fare quickly and easily with your smartphone using the Token Transit app.
On the Token Transit app, you can purchase tickets using your credit or debit card. Tickets can be purchased for immediate use or stored for future trips!
Available tickets include:
- Single ride (bus/rail)
- Round trip rail
- Day pass
Follow these simple steps to use Token Transit!
- Download Token Transit from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Set up your account. You will need a credit or debit card to set up an account and purchase tickets.
- Select the tickets you want to purchase. Your options are: single ride (bus), single ride (rail), round trip rail, and day pass.
- When you’re ready to ride, go to the Pass Wallet in the Token Transit app on your phone and tap the ticket to activate. Do not activate your ticket until you see your bus or arrive at your rail station, as all tickets have expiration times/dates. When riding the Metro Rail, be sure to activate your ticket before you go down the steps. You need wifi or cell service to activate your ticket.
- As you board the bus, show the bus driver your phone displaying your activated ticket. On the rail, if a ticket inspector requests your ticket, show them your phone displaying your activated ticket.
For more information on the new Token Transit app click here!