Cars Sharing Lower Main Street: Update 6/11/19
Here is what to expect in the next week or so:
- Mark Cerrone, Inc. continues with preparing the new track bed surface. They have been compacting and installing two types of stabilizing fabrics between layers of stone, photo below. New precast trackbed panels will be delivered for installation in July.
- Work is moving on to installing the under pavement drainage system, and still, very carefully, excaving over the 48” water main under Main Street, photo above.
- Ferguson Electric is installing new electrical and train control conduit.
- National Grid continues with installation of a new duct bank in Scott Street, progress photo below.
- Demolition of the rest of the outbound trackbed at Scott Street will start later this week or next week, and unfortunately will include concrete breaking noise. Scott Street will remain open to traffic, with the assistance of a flagman. Work will proceed in stages over a five day period. The roadway and pedestrian cross walks will be relocated as work progresses to the next area. Temporary pavement will be installed over the excavation until the track bed panels are installed next month.
- Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation is setting up a coordination meeting with Mark Cerrone for the upcoming major events including their concert series, Port of Call: Buffalo tall ships tour and the 4th of July.