Library lovers and artists of all ages can create a design for a new library card for the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library system. You can be a winner! Several finalists will be selected and up to two winners will be picked by Library staff and online public vote. Entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019.
Winning design(s) will be printed on the new Buffalo & Erie County library cards for Erie County residents! The winning designer(s) will also receive a $50 gift card from Amazon and a special library card and poster with their design. If you are 17 years old or younger, a parent or guardian must sign the entry form. See contest rules for details.
General Contest Rules:
• Design contest open to residents of Erie County, NY who are over the age of five (5). Maximum of two (2) entries per person.
• Entries must be single-sided, original artwork no larger than 8.5” (width) x 5.25” (height) using any print media. Any photos used must be taken by the designer. Design should include the words: “Buffalo & Erie County Public Library” or the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library logo (see attached). Final image will be reduced to fit on 2.125” x 3.375” card.
• Entries should be submitted as a High Res PDF and JPG file, along with the entry form, via email to: Communications@BuffaloLib.org
or mailed/delivered to Central Library, Att: Communications, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203 by 4 p.m., Friday, November 1.
• Unacceptable entries include tracings, copied designs or licensed characters. Entries will be judged on originality and neatness conveying a positive library message and the winning design(s) will be selected by Library staff and online public vote.
• The winning design(s) become the property of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. By signing this form, you agree that your work may be reproduced by the Library and used on one side of the library card, on the Library’s website and on any electronic, print or other publication used or contributed to by the Library, now or in the future, without further consideration. The Library may crop or edit artwork at its discretion. This agreement shall not obligate the Library to use the entries. The Library reserves the right to reject artwork deemed inappropriate.