A Note From Big Ditch Brewing Company (UPDATE)
Please see a note below from our friends at A Note From Big Ditch Brewing Company:
UPDATES: March 25
Today’s new special to-go deal: Family-style food packages.
$39.99 – $49.99 to feed a family of 4-6 people with several options to choose from. Add on a growler fill for only $10 extra (glass included, signatures and seasonals only, pickup only.)
Our favorite is the “Make Me Wanna Stay In” Package, haha.
Available noon to 8pm every day, curbside pickup available at 854-5050 ext1. Delivery available via Grubhub as well.
UPDATES: March 18th
1) Our retail/to-go operation is officially open for business (everyday noon to 8pm) and we’re already burning through 1/2 priced crowlers. Call ahead to 854-5050 ext 1 and we will prefill your order so easy to pickup and go.
2) In addition to our food, you can now order OUR BEER to be delivered directly to your home via Grubhub! Sixpacks and crowlers of all of our beer is available here:
3) Finally, we’re down to a bare bones, but super committed staff that will keep this thing going as long as we can. Thanks again for all of your support.
As you already know, beginning tonight at 8pm, in accordance with orders from NYS, our restaurant will be closed indefinitely. It breaks my heart to write this, even though we know it is the right thing to do.
However, we have several announcements regarding operations and staffing we’d like to provide.
1. Our production brewery will continue to operate. While we expect sales of draft beer to pretty much cease, we are already seeing spikes in demand for canned beer and as a result we are working to switch packaging of all beer in tanks from kegs to cans. We have plenty of capacity to can all of our beer, so you will continue to find Hayburner, Berry Vision, Low Bridge, and other seasonal products from us in six packs at WNY retailers.
2. Our tap room will be converted to a retail operation beginning on Wednesday 3/18 (closed on 3/17).
• Our retail hours will be 12pm-8pm, 7 days a week.
• Our retail cooler will continually be stocked with cans of our beer.
• Crowlers and growlers will continue to be available with current tap lists updated on our website: www.bigditchbrewing.com/currently-on-tap
• We have decided to price all crowlers and growlers at half price during this ordeal. This will cost approximately $5 – $9 a crowler fill and $6 – $12 for a growler fill. Clean growlers will be sanitized by our staff before filling.
• We’ll be working on adding a mixed-six pack format to be priced at $11.99 per six pack.
• Our Tap Room will offer pickup services for food as well as beer. For a pickup order, please call ahead at 854-5050 ext 1. If requested, we will bring the food to your car, just give us a call when you get here and we’ll bring it out.
• Food for delivery will be available via GrubHub, link here: www.bigditchbrewing.com/tap-room-1-2. We’re also working on adding DoorDash.
• We aren’t currently exploring beer delivery services at this time, but that may change as we progress further down this road.
• We will continue to sell gift cards and merchandise online: https://big-ditch-brewing-company.square.site/
• All first responders and service industry workers are eligible for a 25% discount. (crowlers and growlers excluded since already discounted)
• Please remember to tip your server – this is more important now than ever.
3. Most importantly: our staff is Big Ditch and Big Ditch is our staff. One cannot exist without the other. We are working on progressive means of retaining as much of our staff as possible through this ordeal. At this time we are also actively working to find ways to provide some financial assistance for our tap room staff when they return from this temporary shutdown.
While these changes are difficult, we are committed to flattening the curve and keeping our guests, staff, and community safe. We are already looking forward to the first beer at our tap room when all of this passes.
Until then, stay safe, stay healthy, and thanks for your continued support.
President & Co-Founder
Celebrate Beer. Celebrate Buffalo.