M&T Bank Holiday Music Under the Dome
As the cold, snowy weather settles in, Western New Yorkers can warm up to the season with the return of “Holiday Music Under the Dome” at M&T Bank’s Fountain Plaza branch, located at 1 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo. The community is invited to spend a lunch hour at M&T’s prominent downtown branch – which is commonly referred to as the “gold dome” – for holiday performances from Saturday, December 10th through Friday, December 16th.
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra officially kicks off the season on Saturday, with a special performance time of 1pm The remainder of the week features local musical groups and choirs performing each weekday at noon.
“With the holiday season upon us, we are excited to bring back the ‘Holiday Music Under the Dome’ tradition,” said Eric Feldstein, M&T Bank regional president for Western New York. “Similar to our ‘Plaza Event Series,’ ‘Holiday Music Under the Dome’ is all about building community – bringing people together, fostering connections and celebrating our city. By gathering together as a community at the beautifully decorated gold dome, we’re doing more than simply creating new holiday memories – we’re also building relationships that lead to opportunities to uplift our neighbors and help make Buffalo a stronger, more vibrant place to live.”
A press release noted, “A longstanding tradition for the Western New York community, the ‘Holiday Music Under the Dome’ festivities return in full glory after the performances were paused during the pandemic.”
The concerts are free and open to the public. The full schedule includes:
– Saturday, December 10th – Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra (1-2 pm)
– Monday, December 12th – St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute Swing Choir (noon-1 pm)
– Tuesday, December 13th – Buffalo Seminary’s Semachords (noon-1 pm)
– Wednesday, December 14th – Buffalo Academy of Visual and Performing Arts Vocal Ensemble (noon-1 pm)
– Thursday, December 15th – Sacred Heart Academy Chamber Singers and St. Mary’s School for the Deaf Sign Chorus (noon-1 pm)
– Friday, December 16th – Iroquois High School Choirs (noon-1 pm)
“We’re grateful to all the artists and performers who will share their talents, and we encourage our community to visit our Fountain Plaza branch and experience this wonderful concert series,” said Karen Cullen, M&T Bank Fountain Plaza branch manager.