Free Thursday Explore Buffalo Downtown Tours
Starting on Thursday, June 1st, all of Explore Buffalo’s downtown tours are free on Thursdays for the 2023 summer season, thanks to generous support from Ciminelli Real Estate Corporation. Explore Buffalo’s downtown tours highlight the unique architecture and history of our city. Some of the downtown tours that will be offered for free on Thursdays this summer include:
· Architecture Timeline: a chronological look at the evolution of office building design from the mid-1800s to the present.
· Canalside: a walking tour around Buffalo’s waterfront that was the western end of the Erie Canal when it opened in 1825.
· Downtown Deco: a tour showcasing buildings designed in the popular architectural style of the 1920s.
· Downtown Murals: a frequently-changing tour that highlights murals that have recently been painted downtown.
· Presidents in Buffalo: a walk in the footsteps of presidents who have visited or lived in Buffalo.
For more information and to view the monthly tour calendar, click here. 2023 is Explore Buffalo’s 10th anniversary tour season, and in addition to downtown tours, Explore Buffalo provides more than 80 different tours of the region’s history and architecture.