The Buffalo Sabres have announced details for the 2023-24 Home Opener, presented by The BFLO Store, on Thursday, October 12th against the New York Rangers, including tributes for Hall-of-Fame broadcaster Rick Jeanneret.
Together with the Common Council of Buffalo, the organization will unveil the Rick Jeanneret Trailblazing Sign at 4 p.m. near the corner of Illinois St. and Perry St., dubbing the stretch of Perry as “RJ Way.” Fans are strongly encouraged to attend the reveal to show their support for the iconic voice of the Sabres. All fans in attendance for the game will receive a commemorative “RJ Way” street sign as a keepsake of the night. A video tribute and ceremony honoring Jeanneret with his family will be held prior to the 7 p.m. puck drop. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats early, with doors opening at 5 p.m. To secure your seats for the home opener, click here.
The Party in the Plaza will feature live music from the band May Day as well as food, drinks, photo opportunities, giveaways, and more. The first 5,000 fans in Alumni Plaza will receive a “Let’s Go Buffalo” rally towel. Fans can also have their hair braided with blue and gold colors by braidbabes and get temporary Sabres airbrush tattoos.
In the concourse, the party will continue with music from DJ Milk and other photo opportunities.
Also keep an eye out for…
* Giveaways by Seneca Resorts and Casinos, including an opportunity to win a suite for a game.
* Highmark’s new AR mirror, which will give fans the chance to take virtual photos with Sabres players.
* The new Coca-Cola concession stand, located outside of the Lexus Club, which will offer new food and beverage options for fans.
* E&J Gallo Winery will be providing samples of their products to fans by the New Amsterdam bar near Section 106.
* Total Sports Enterprises will give fans the opportunity to bid on and purchase autographed memorabilia